11.17.2012

When in Italy

Pin It
Adjusting back to Reality after 10 days in Italy is not easy.  My days were filled with the question "what should we eat next?" and our schedules looked something like this:

9 am - Italian coffee as strong as diesel fuel, made in our Bialetti Percolator, accompanied by a Nutella filled croissant.  You know how I feel about Nutella.  I was in 7th Heaven and it's only 9 am.

11 am - Gelato.  Pistachio, Mango, Nutella, Dark Chocolate, Raspberry.  As delicious as they all are, I always find myself going back to Pistachio (which is 1,000 times better than pistachio ice cream, ick).
See all of the Nutella in the background?
 
1 pm - Pizza, Pasta, Ravioli, Lasagne, Gnocchi accompanied by gorgeous Buffalo Mozzarella salads.  Each meal was better than the next.  
I lah-lah-loved the fresh olives. Yum.

4 pm - Snack time.  Coffee and Gelato?  When in Italy.  Or maybe some roasted chestnuts would float your boat?  Okay, I may be exaggerating, we really didn't eat this much!  Side note: while we were eating delicious food and frequently, in our defense, we were walking (normally uphill) all day, everyday, especially in the South!
They remind me of potatoes, but potatoes are better.

8pm- Dinner. Pizza, Pasta, Chicken, Fish accompanied by Vino Rossi y Bianchi Italiani

And can't forget a little after dinner Lemoncello!
 Life. Is. Good.

So you can see, after 10 days of this kind of schedule.  Adjusting back?  Not so easy.  Stay tuned for more details on our trip to Pompeii, Amalfi Coast, Capri & Roma!
Pin It

No comments: